I have shown you guys how to make Chicken Pho and today we will have the beef version.
Pho Bo is the most popular dish in Vietnam. We will eat this any meal of the day. I am sure all of you have tried Pho Bo before.
My recipe is simple and doesn’t require too much times. You will realize how easy to enjoy a bowl of pho at home without going to the restaurant.
All of the ingredients are common and should be available in Asian market.
Let’s get cooking.
Vietnamse Beef Noodle Soup Recipe
- 5 lbs oxtails
- 5 lbs beef bone marrows
- 2 lbs beef shank
- 1 lb beef meat ball
- 2 white onions
- 3 fresh ginger root
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 daikon
- 1 bag OLDMAN QUE HUONG Spice Seasoning / Gia Vi Nau Pho Bac
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 bags Sincere Orient Food Rice Stick Noodle, Fresh
- 1 bunch Thai Basil
- 1 bag bean sprout
- 1 bunch Culantro
- Rinse oxtails, beef bone, and beef shank under running water. Set aside.
- Add the meat in the instant pot and cover with enough water. Press the pressure cook option and set for 25 minutes.
- Toast the white onions, gingers in the oven until golden brown.
- In the large pot, fill in 6 quarts of water, add in toasted onions, gingers.
- Remove the skin from the daikon and slice into 2 inches and add to the pot. Bring the pot to medium heat.
- Once the instant pot is done, using the drainer to clear the broth and transfer the broth and meat bones to the pot.
- Remove oxtails to the medium pot and fill up with some broth to avoid it will get dry out.
- Skim some fat in the soup broth based on your taste. Continue to add the meatball, beef seasoning fish sauce. Taste it.
- Cut the beef shank into slices.
- Cook the noodle per instruction.
- Assemble the bowl with noodles, beef shanks, meatball, oxtails. Pour in the soup while it's hot.
- Finish off with some fresh herbs, cilantro, sprout, and lime. Use hoisin and siracha for dipping sauce.