To be honest, I was never a fan of chia pudding before until I tried the mango pudding at the breakfast buffet in the Maldives. I love the creamy texture of mango, topped with more mango chunks and mango puree. I felt in love.
A week ago, I went through our Maldives vacation pictures and this Mango pudding popped up, so I decided to buy some chia seeds on Amazon and make my own version of it. I bought Nutiva brand. I put the link below if you want to purchase. I got it in 2 days.
I was amazed at how cheap chia seeds are since they are packed with tons of nutrients like fiber, protein, and omega. It’s a super food.
All my recipes are quick and easy. This is another one for you. It’s perfect for breakfast if you want to change it instead of fried eggs and cereal every morning.
Like always, share and hashtag #annieteatravel on IG and FB.
Let’s get started!
Mango Coconut Chia Pudding Recipe
- 2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipped cream
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 riped mangos
- 1 cup varitie berries
- 1 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 3 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp condensed milk
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin and water. Mix until combined and set aside.
- In the small saucepan over medium heat, add one cup of coconut milk and coconut cream. Bring it to boil. Reduce to slow heat, stir in gelatin mixture. Make sure it all dissolved. Turn off the heat and let it cool and set aside.
- In another separate bowl, mix in heavy whipped cream and powdered sugar. Slowly pour into the coconut mixture and stir well.
- Divide mixture into each cup evenly (about half full). Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Peel and cut mangos into small chunks, add 1 1/2 cup into the blender and process into a puree. Save the rest of mango chunks aside for topping.
- In the large bowl, combine chia seeds, maple syrup, condense milk, 1 cup coconut milk, coconut water, mango puree (save some aside for topping). Whisk all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Fill chia pudding into each of coconut pudding cup, add a layer of mango puree, mango chunks, fresh berries, and sprinkly some chia seeds on top.