We often spend way too much money to buy creme brulee at the bakery or restaurant.
Many of you might think creme brulee is one of the hardest desserts to make. It’s not true. It’s easier than flan. You only need a few ingredients: sugar, eggs, heaving whipped cream, and vanilla.
Creme Brulee means burnt cream. It’s a crunch of the cream and it’s so tasty. It’s simple beauty and decadence. To be honest, I feel fancy eating it.
The creamy and rich custard can only be reached by cracking through the caramelized sugar on top.
Now you can bake this fancy dessert at home without paying over 10 bucks at the restaurant.
Let’s get started.
Kitchen Torch, Blow Torch – Refillable Butane Torch With Safety Lock & Adjustable Flame + Fuel gauge – Culinary Torch, Creme Brûlée Torch for Cooking Food, Baking, BBQ + FREE E-book, Fuel Not Included
Creme Brulee Recipe
- 4 egg yolks room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp sugar topping
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup heavy whipped cream
- 4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In the small saucepan, boil the water.
- In the safe bowl, microwave heavy whipped cream for 45 second (we just want to be warmed, not boiled).
- In the large bowl, whisk egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar until well combined.
- Slowly add-in warm heavy whipped cream and continue to mix until all well combined. Set aside.
- Divide equally to ramekins aout 2/3 full.
- In the baking tray, pour hot water in. Then line all ramekins inside the baking trays.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a least 4 hours.
- When is ready to eat, sprinkle one layer of sugar on top of each ramekins. Using a torch, melt the sugar and form a crispy top.
- Allow creme brulee to rest for 5 minutes before serving.