I am sure we all have bananas fruit as our part of staying healthy. Bananas not only are delicious but also give a lot of important nutrients for our body like potassium, protein, fiber.
However, we never have enough time to finish especially if you buy from Costco. So what are we going to do with many overripe ones? the most commons people often do are desserts such as bread, ice cream, freeze them, smoothie, milkshake, etc. I sometimes use it as a facemask as well.
My recipe for this post is banana bread. But it is not your typical recipe. It called “Elvis Banana Bread”. It contains chocolate chips, peanut butter, bacon, and of course banana.
Just a warning, this is not low carb, a low-fat bread so maybe you should bake in moderation.
Elvis Banana Bread Recipe
For the bread
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup crema Mexicana sour cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5-6 slices bacon, chopped to small pieces
For the glaze
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 pinch salt
For the Bread
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Grease loaf pan with cooking spray or butter. In the large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside
- In another large bowl, whisk together sugar, egg, egg yolk, butter, sugar, sour cream, and vanilla. Then add mashed bananas. Stir until all combined
- Add dry ingredients slowly to wet ingredients gently until combined. Add in chocolate chips and bacon (save some for topping).
- Pour all in the loaf pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes. To test if the bread is done by inserting the toothpick, it comes out clean and dry then your bread is ready. Avoid opening your oven while baking as the bread will not rise properly.
- Let is cool down completely before remove off the loaf pan.
To make the glaze
- Simply whisk together peanut butter, powdered sugar, and salt. Add some leftover bacon on top.