Summer is here, that is mean the season of fresh fruits especially mango. They are cheaper to get and of course, you cannot go wrong with it.
If you do not know by now but mango and coconut are my favorites combo. I posted another recipe on this site which is mango coconut chia pudding if you want to check it out.
I also love to make mango coconut sticky rice. I will try to post it sometime soon.
But for today, I want to introduce you to the mango coconut jello. This is very easy and simple enough that you can make with the kid. It’s a quick dessert idea when you don’t have enough time.
It’s a very delightful and refreshes dessert. Like I mentioned before if you cannot travel to paradise at this moment, why don’t create one at home through cooking.
Let get started! Don’t forget to follow me on IG annieteattravel.
Mango Coconut Jello Recipe
- 350 g mangos puree 3 small ones
- 160 g coconut milk 1 small can
- 700 ml water
- 12 g Agar-Agar powder Telephone Brand
- 100 g sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In the medium pot over medium heat, stir in water, agar powder, salt, and sugar. Bring it to boil, and stir constantly. Reduce heat to low, continue to simmer for another 5 minutes until well dissolved.
- Take out 500 ml of agar mixture, and set aside.
- Pour the coconut milk into the pot of remaining agar mixture. Bring to boil, and stir constantly. Reduce the heat to low, continue to simmer for another 5 minutes until well dissolved.
- Pour the coconut agar mixture into the desired mold. Set aside to cool down.
- Pour 500 ml of agar mixture back to the pot, add mango puree. Bring to boil and reduce heat, continue to simmer for 5 minutes. Make sure to stir it constantly. Turn off the heat.
- Make sure the coconut layer is slightly firm before gently pour the mango agar on top.
- Allow to cool completely. Place in the refrigerator at least one hour.
- Using a small knife, gently going around edges of the mold to remove jello.