Who doesn’t love Spam? We add spam to almost everything like fried rice, scrambled eggs. My favorite is Spam Musubi. My first discover spam musubi was actually at L&L Hawaiian store.
Then we are in Hawaii, they have spam musubi almost like everywhere. The flavors are endless too. I love to wrap them to eat in the car, at the beach and the best part is my kids love it just as much as I do.
Hawaii always has a special place in my heart and all its food too. I can wait to be back soon.
This Teriyaki Spam Musubi is a quick, easy, and delicious breakfast or snack to make with your kid.
Share and hashtag #annieteattravel on IG and FB.
Let’s get started!
Teriyaki Spam Musubi
- 1 can light sodium spam
- 4 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 3 sheets dried lavers
- 3 tbsp sunflower seed oil seasoned laver
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 5 tbsp water
- 2 tsp sugar
- Gather all your ingredients. Cut each laver sheet into 3 pieces.
- In the small pot, add sushi rice and water. Bring it to boil then reduce heat to low. Cook about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and add sugar and rice vinegar. Set aside.
- Open can of spam and cut into 7 pieces. Wash the can and set aside to dry.
- On the medium heat, place all spam pieces onto a medium fry pan. Fry each side for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Place cooked spam on the dry rack to release excess oil. Set aside.
- Use the plastic wrap and push down on the can.
- Add 2 tablespoons cooked rice. Then 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce, sprinkle some sunflower seed oil seasoned laver. Next, place spam on top. Wrap it and use your hands to firmly press it down and compact the rice.
- Slowly take it out from the can, remove the plastic wrap, and place in the middle of dried laver sheet. Wrap it around the rice, sealing the edges with a bit of water.