When I see pineapple, I immediately thought about paradise, especially Hawaii.
I have been so many beautiful places on Earth such as Bora Bora, Maldives but Hawaii will always has a special place in my heart. I love the culture, people, beaches and of course food.
I am so jealous at my Mom’s garden, she has passion fruit tree. I love to add it to my mix drink, sparkling soda or simply eat it straight from the spoon.
Today, I want to add a hint of passion fruit on my pineapple cake. This bread is so delightful and will take you back to Hawaii (well, at least in spirit).
Let’s get baking!
Tropical Bread Recipe
- 1 riped banana mashed
- 1 cup crushed pineapple can
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cup all purposed-flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cacao powder
- 1 passion fruit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In the large bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat to incorporate.
- Stir in mashed banana and pineapple.
- Pour dry and wet mixture, mix with a hand spatular until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan, use a spoon to add on the top layer for the pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.