The classic cookie is chocolate chip. I love soft and chewy kind ones. They are so dangerously addictive.
This is by far one of our favorite family activities to do at home. My kids always ask me to bake with them. We love the fresh baked cookies that just come out from the oven.
What makes the difference between this softer chocolate chip cookie and a typical cookie? Brown Sugar.
You have to use more brown sugar than white in your portion.
As always eggs will need to be at room temperature.
Let get started.
Best Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 egg yolk room temperature
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Insert parchment paper on the baking tray.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine butter and sugars and beat until combined. Then add in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and beat again until well combined.
- Add in wet and dry ingredients. Use spatula and gently combine them, do not over mix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookie prepared baking sheets. Make sure to leave at least 3" between cookies to allow for spreading.
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes until the edges start to brown. Remove from the oven and allow cookies to sit on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy cookies with a glass of milk.