Garlic is one of my favorite seasonings in my pantry. I always have fresh garlic and garlic powder at all times. I use them for everything I cook.
Making homemade bread is now my common for me.
Today, I will show you an easy recipe for garlic roll. You can eat by itself, fried eggs, butter, or even with burgers.
These rolls are enriched with garlic, egg, a lot of butter and Italian seasoning for flavor. It does need a little bit of kneading. But when it’s done you will have gorgeously light and fluffy buns.
Let get baking!
Garlic Roll Recipe
For the Dough
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup whole milk Microwave 30 seconds
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- In the microwave-safe cup, warm milk for 30 seconds (do not boil, we just want to warm). If it's hot will kill the yeast.
- Combine milk, yeast, sugar, oil, and egg. Stir and set aside for 3 minutes
- In the large bowl, add in flour and lt. Mix in the yeast mixture. Stir to combine.
- On the large clean surface, add some flour.
- Knead the dough for 3 minutes until soft. Then add the butter and knead again for another 3 minutes.
- The dough will again be soft and sticky but will come together as you knead.
- Form the dough into a smooth ball and place it back in the bowl. Cover with a clean kitchen cloth and leave in a warm place for 45 minutes (or until double in size).
- When the dough is ready, transfer to a well-dusted flour surface. Dive the dough into 8-10 equal portions.
- Hold each piece of dough in your hand and form it into a ball (make sure to gather all the seams).
- Transfer to a baking tray with parchment paper. Cover with a clean kitchen cloth and let it rest for another 15 minutes or until almost double in size.
Prepare Garlic Butter
- In a pan over medium heat, melt butter. Then add garlic and Italian seasoning. Cook on low for a minute. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees. Brush the rolls with the garlic butter mixture, and bake for 20 minutes until lightly golden on top.
- Remove from oven, brush with the rest of garlic butter.
- Ready and enjoy.