I apology not uploading a new recipe for a while. I have been busy lately. I have several requests from my friends to post the banana bread recipe but the Vietnamese style.
This banana bread style has less flour, more fresh bananas. The texture is almost like pudding. My friends refer this way rather than the classic banana bread.
It’s lightly sweet with creamy coconut flavor. The cake has mainly 3 ingredients: bananas, baguettes, and coconut milk.
It’s best to serve when it’s cold. You can enjoy a slice with a cup of tea.
Let’s get baking!
Vietnamese Banana Bread Recipe
- 6 bananas
- 1/2 cup rum
- 2 tbsp condensed milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 medium baguettes
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp all purposeflour
- 1 14 oz coconut milk
- 2/3 cup milk
- In a small bowl, cut two bananas into small slices. Combine sugar and rum. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the medium bowl, use folk or a hand whisk to smash the rest remaining bananas. Add in condenesed
- In the large bowl, tear the baguettes into small pieces. Add coconut milk, milk and mix until well combined.
- Remove banana slices from the refrigerator, and place banana slices at the bottom of the baking pan.
- Combine banana mixture and bread mixture. Pour the mixture into baking pan.
- Bake for one hour. Remove from the oven, and let it rest for 10 minutes.