Sticky Rice is the common dish to eat in Asian cuisine especially for breakfast. We can make it a savory or sweet. When it comes to savory, we normally use Chinese sausage and pork floss.
There are endless toppings you can do for sticky rice but for this recipe, I will show you my favorite ones. Feel free to make your own twist.
I am always keeping my recipes as simple as possible, so I hope you will enjoy them as much as I do.
Just because you don’t have time, doesn’t mean you cannot have delicious, easy home-cooked meals.
Let’s get started. Leave a comment below if you have any questions.
Chinese Sticky Rice Recipe
- 2 cup sticky rice
- 1 bun pandan leaf
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 Chinese sausages
- 1 dozen quail eggs cooked
- 3 salted egg yolks
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pork floss
- 1/2 cup fried shallots
- Add water enough to soak the rice and let it rest for at least two hours or better yet overnight.
- Cook the rice, pandan leaf, and salt in a rice cooker. Make sure only fill up water even with the rice.
- In the medium pot over medium heat, boil some water. Then add the sausages and cook for 5 minutes. Remove sausages to cutting board and slice to small pieces. Set aside.
- You can buy cooked salted eggs in the Asian market. Remove and place egg yolks and bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees. Cut into small crumble pieces and set aside.
- You can also get the pork floss and fried shallots at most Asian markets or bakery.
- Scoop the cooked sticky rice and place it on the big plate.
- Add soy sauce evenly over the rice.
- Next, add-in pork floss, fried shallots, sausages and finish off with salted egg yolks, quail eggs