Durian is one of my favorite fruit to eat. The good ones are from Malaysia or Singapore. They contain very sweet and rich flavors. You can get these as seedless ones too.
The simple way to eat them is straight from frozen as the texture tastes just like ice cream.
Do you know one of the benefits of durian is anti-aging? It has a good source of antioxidants. That’s why they called “King of Fruits”.
My pudding recipe requires no baking and it’s so easy to make. If you are a durian lover like me, you must try this dessert.
Durian Pudding Recipe
- 6-7 small seedless durian pulps (save one for garnish)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 5 tbsp water
- Place durian pulp and sugar in a blender. Blend till smooth and creamy.
- Mix gelatin with a small cup until the mixture dissolves completely. Let it sit for 10 minutes
- Combine milk, egg yolks, durian puree in a bowl.
- In a cooking pot, add some water and bring it to medium heat. Set the bowl over the pot of hot water bath and hand whisk constantly the mixture for 10mins.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Add gelatine mixture to the durian mixture and stir to mix evenly.
- Use a scissor to cut extra durian pulp we saved into some small pieces and garnish on top for each cup.
- Chill in the fridge until set (estimate 40 minutes to an hour).
NOW Foods, Beef Gelatin Powder, Natural Thickening Agent, Source of Protein, 1-Pound (Packaging may vary)