If you are in an Asian bakery, I am sure you will smell the pandan coconut waffle. Something about this smell is just making us happy and just want to wrap one.
This recipe actually has passed down to me from one of my coworkers. I love it so much that I have to bribe her a lot of milk teas before she can give it up 🙂
Well, I will share this recipe with you and hope you will like it. The leftover you can leave in the freezer and re-toast in the oven whenever you are craving.
Pandan Coconut Waffle Recipe
- 2 cups Kruteaz Belgian Waffle mi or substitute 2 cups of all-purpose flour + 2tsp of baking powder
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 1 bunch frozen pandan leaves or 1 tsp pandan extract (the thick one)
- If you use fresh pandan leaves, use a scissor to cut pandan leaves into small pieces. Blend pandan leaves pieces and water till fine. Pour blitzed pandan in a fine strainer, squeeze out the pandan juices.
- Combine all the ingredients in the mixture. Mix it until all combined.
- Important: you have to let the batter rest for at least an hour before baking.